2018 Spring – 2005 – 2009 Goalie Pod Program
Price – $549
The Academy of Hockey’s coaching staff will lead a small group of players through a series of development sessions with a training emphasis on Movement, Play Reads and Save Skills. Included in the Pod Development program are:
- On ice Skill Development – A focus on solidifying efficiency of movement, appropriate shot responses and save skills, and proper reads and reactions to various attack situations.
- Small Group Training – During a deliberate and constructive on ice instruction, our knowledgeable coaching staff will continuously provide immediate feedback. This program will have a 3:1 Player to Coach ratio or lower each session.
- Off-Ice Training – Once per week IMPACT training sessions will be tailored to overall athletic strength and a range of specific goalie movements.
- The Goalie POD program will include:
- Twelve (12) – 75 minute Ice sessions
- Six (6) – 30 minute IMPACT off ice training sessions
- Goalies from this session will be selected to play in two (2) Spring Tournaments with Academy Teams:
- Niagara Bauer – April 27 – 29
- NAPS Buffalo – June 15 – 17
Spring Schedule is as follows:
- Mondays April 16,23,30 – May 7,14,21
- Wednesdays April 18,25 – May 2,9,16,23
- IMPACT 5:15pm – 6:15pm (Wednesday Only)
- On Ice 6:30pm – 7:45pm
To participate in this program, please submit an application via the “application” tab below by January 20th, 2018.
If able, please submit video to support your application via email to email@example.com.
The Academy of Hockey staff will review all applications and advise all applicants of the result of their application. Once application process is complete, we will communicate the status of all applicants.
The program is an option for 2005-2009 birth year goalies that play AAA or AA Travel Level.
Posted in: AOH Spring 2018